The superannuation concessional contribution cap for the 2018-19 financial year is $25,000.
Concessional contributions include:
- compulsory employer contributions (superannuation guarantee)
- any additional concessional contributions your employer makes
- salary sacrifice payments made to your super fund
- contributions you are allowed as an income tax deduction*
* Eligible employees are now able to claim a tax deduction for contributions personally made to a superannuation fund. The total of all concessional contributions including superannuation guarantee, salary sacrificed contributions and personal deductible contributions must not exceed $25,000 per year.