Natural Disasters from storms and floods have been declared in many local government areas, including: Bathurst, Bland, Blayney, Cabonne, Coolamon, Coonamble, Cootamundra-Gundagai, Cowra, Forbes, Gilgandra, Hilltops, Lachlan, Mid-Western, Narrandera, Narromine, Orange, Parkes, Temora, Walgett, Warren, Warrumbungle, Western Plains and Yass Valley.
Assistance under the NDRRA includes:
• Help for eligible people whose homes or belongings have been damaged;
• Support for affected local councils to help with the costs of cleaning up and restoring damaged essential public assets;
• Concessional interest rate loans for small businesses, primary producers and not-for-profit organisations
• Freight subsidies for primary producers; and
• Grants to not-for-profit organisations.
For information on personal hardship and distress assistance, please contact the Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 018 444.
To apply for a concessional loan, grant or freight subsidy, contact the NSW Rural Assistance Authority on 1800 678 593 or www.raa.nsw.gov.au/assistance/natural-disaster-relief.