The NSW Quad Bike Safety Improvement Program is offering rebates that will give eligible farmers and their workers up to two rebates worth $1000 each to implement harm prevention measures in the workplace. This program is funded by SafeWork NSW.
- Three eligible safety solutions are offered as part of the rebate package:
- Up to $1,000 towards the purchase of each side-by-side vehicle.
- Up to $500 towards the purchase of each Quadbar ™ Operator Protective Device (OPD) or ATV Lifeguard OPD.
- Up to $90 towards the cost of each helmet compliant with NZS 8600:2002, AS/NZS 1698:2006 and/or UNECE22.05.
- An eligible business can access two rebates worth up to $1,000 each for any combination of the abovementioned eligible safety solutions.
- Workers employed by eligible businesses can access a rebate for a maximum of 1 helmet each.
- From 8 May 2017, free training places are also available to complete Unit of Competency (UOC) AHCMOM212 - Operate Quad Bikes. The one day quad bike safety course is tailored to the farming community and counts as an eligible educative interaction. Eligible participants also receive a free compliant helmet.
For more information visit www.safework.nsw.gov.au or www.nswfarmers.org.au/nsw-quad-bike-safety-improvement-program