Rural financial counsellors help farmers who are dealing with, or are at risk of, financial hardship. Rural financial counsellors can:
• Help identify financial and business options, including negotiating with lenders
• Help develop an action plan
• Help access the Farm Household Allowance (FHA)
• Provide information about government and other assistance schemes
• Provide referrals to accountants, agricultural advisers and educational services
• Provide referrals to Department of Human Services and to professionals for succession planning, family mediation and personal, emotional and social counselling.
There are 30 Rural Financial Counsellors located throughout NSW, including offices at Young, Forbes, Dubbo, Mudgee, Ganmain, Crookwell and Yass-Gundagai. A full list of Rural Financial Counsellors in NSW and their contact details can be found at http://www.agriculture. gov.au/ag-farm-food/drought/assistance/rural-financialcounselling-service/nsw. gov.au/ag-farm-food/drought/assistance/rural-financialcounselling-service/nsw.